Selamat hari raya, everyone! ♥♥♥
Right now we’re in between the 3-4 months to the wedding, and next week it will be the start of double digit countdown time. I can’t believe how fast time passes by. The start of the year feels like yesterday but at the same time it feels like so long ago? I know 3.5 months will go by in a flash but I still feel like my wedding isn’t until a year from now. I haven’t thought much about the wedding itself, we’ve been mostly discussing about our life after like housing (boleh jadi bahan pergaduhan everytime we discuss this k) and our raya itinerary for next year haha.
We finally got our rings settled yesterday. Nothing fancy, nothing too simple either. It has a thick band and I really like it! There was one time I was at this particular Lee Hwa outlet and the SA insisted I get myself a solitaire ring and you know lah, I cannot wear a diamond solitaire. The one I’ll end up liking would probably cost $5xxx and the ones I can afford would look so dainty on my already thick finger. But he totally disregarded the one I had my eyes my on and said my choice is nothing as compared to the solitaire yang dia mati mati nak aku beli?? Sure it’s nice but ape ni. Ding dong ding dong here and there and when he realised that we were not gonna make any deposit that night, member terus brought us to the door and said see you again next time. Dia halau kita okay!!! So far all of the customer service we’ve gotten at other LH outlets were really good but this one made me want to vomit only pfft.
July should be the month where we get to select our outfits and I am soooo looking forward to this walaupun it’s at freaking toh guan. There are some outfits that I like but not sure how they’ll look on me and Ghibli so luckily this bridal can try try as many as we like. And only then I’ll decide what colors my girls will be wearing. We’re getting our nikah outfits done by RN and this is something I am absolutely dreading. I’ve heard quite a few bad/mediocre reviews and now I don’t know if paying an additional $500 was a good choice. The customer service is horrendous. I asked them to correct my contact number on the invoice which they got wrong and they were all like “because i follow what u gave me above” LOL yah I accidentally gave a digit wrong which I corrected within seconds takkan bengap sangat masih pakai number tu!! Ape punya alasan ni. Then a month ago I texted again asking when would be the first appointment and they said, “I will get bck to u regarding the slots ok. it will be this mth.” Wahlao that time this month is ramadan okay and I asked again lah kalau July boleh tak and then she gave me the blue tick. Something tells me she’ll end up calling that wrong number when the time comes. I don’t know if I mengada-ngada sangat but ya Allah I don’t want to deal with them lah 😦
My brother and his wife are only moving out exactly a month to the wedding. This means I have less than a month to turn the room into a bridal chamber. To get new furniture, to paint, to decorate in less than a month seems daunting. There are so many other things to settle, aren’t there? Decor, bridal, hantaran, henna. Dulu cakap nak do everything after raya and now that the time has come, I have no idea where to start. I’m still pretty relaxed. Don’t know if that’s a good thing.
I am very sick of hearing all these hantaran talks that’s been circulating online. And I think it’s because I’m in the wedding planning phase that I’m easily triggered by all the comments made by netizens. You know how some people (mostly Malaysian women on facebook) say things like they only spent this little amount for their wedding? Because they decided to eliminate all these unnecessary spendings? Like having just mas kahwin with no hantaran. Or holding a walimah for nothing more than 100 pax. Yes, the most blessed marriage (nikah) is the one with the least expenses. But man, it seems like you’re doing the humble bragging. And it gets me everytime. It’s like you’re shaming those who chose to have a lavish wedding with five live stations and $20,000 hantaran. I know, or I hope at least, that it’s not your intention. Sigh. Why am I so affected with this.
Assalamualaikum sihat semua? Sis sihat alhamdulillah and badan pun makin sihat ni astaghfirullah boleh kasi sis tips nak kecikkan badan selain pergi gym tak pasal sis adalah semangat sign up untuk jadi member tapi sejak bulan dua hari tu dah tak pergi lagi pasal malas nauzubillah. Duit pon burn tapi nasib company boleh bayarkan untuk gym membership so tak lah terkilan sangat hahah.
But no seriously though. Do you girls have any strict habits you follow so that that first bridal fitting wouldn’t be so tormentous? I have been trying to drink more water (but I always drink like 3-4 litres of water each day so this is easy) and stop on sugary drinks, eliminate fast food and cut down on rice, and stop eating after a certain time.. all these tips I’ve heard of lah basically since October last year (konon here’s to a better eating habit one year to wedding) but it’s been five months since those and I AM A HUGE FAILURE LOL. Every new month I’m like OKAY LET’S DO THIS NO JOKE but then every morning my colleague would ask what we want for breakfast and I’ll be like hmm that super gao milo peng from opposite pls? I hate myself.
A while back before I started this blog I came across this btb’s blog from 2013 and how she lost 26kg(!!!!!!) in 8 months. 12kg in the first 3 months and I was so motivated. I’m not the kind who needs her rice daily in fact I think I can go on without rice for a really long time. But ntah asal macam susah nak lose weight? I blame it on my lack of ability to cook and the inacessibility to get proper halal food around my workplace haha. Haiya actually aku ni banyak songeh and semangat seminit punya orang.
Okay lah okay tomorrow marks my 7 months to wedding so I will start this proper tomorrow. I’m gonna meet my fiance after work and makan besar dulu hahahahahaissss
It’s not that I am extremely excited and eager to get married (actually I kinda am lah but I try not to show it too much), I’m just mostly curious at what marriage life would be like with my fiance? You know what I mean? Other than important family (birthday) dinners, we don’t spend time with each other’s families. We also don’t hang out at each other’s homes to laze around and watch tv. We’re very much family oriented people just not with each other’s families lol. Kind of surprising I guess since we’ve been together for almost four years.
So lately I’ve been thinking a whole lot about it .. coming home to a husband, weekends with a husband, getting ready for work and attending family functions with a husband. Is it just like my life now but with an extra person or would things be completely different? I’m not talking about the new responsibilities we each gonna have as a spouse but more on the day to day activities.Surely I’m not the only one who has such thoughts?
I hold back a lot. Amongst my closest friends of five, I’m one of the two who’s attached and I don’t even know if the other attached friend has plans to get married. Yang lain jangan cakap, asik travel every other month ntah mane dorang dapat leave banyak banyak. So none understands the phase I’m going through. I don’t plan to share this journey either until nearer to the date because I don’t want to be labelled as a kakak kakak kemaruk gila nak kahwin. Although I know they won’t think of me as such but I can’t help it haha.
I obviously share my feelings (regarding this wedding/marriage journey) with my fiance, I mean this whole thing won’t exist without him kot. But even so, I find myself not expressing everything. Ntah asal, the more I talk about the wedding, the more I feel very superficial. Like I should talk less on wedding, and discuss more on marriage. But it’s not like we can skip the wedding kan? It still has to happen. And in order for it to happen smoothly, we need to plan it swee swee. But everytime I’m planning it, again I’d feel like aku kemaruk gila nak kahwin. Sigh.
250 days to go as of today. 8 months next week. Nak cakap lama tak lah lama sangat, nak cakap cepat, it still feels like forever more. Everytime I think of October, I think of the things I have to go through first at work. The 3 more exam blocks, 2 more university exam board meetings, and the endless exams ughhhh.
Okay my fiance just texted asking to meet after work to do some planning. Love it when he initiates the planning heheh.
I nak ceciter sikit. I mentioned the other day I was supposed to meet this HDB officer sometime this week and I did. And I cannot stand her ya Allah 😦 Jumpa bawah block je terus, “okay so if you wanna make a tentage here I’d rather you not cos lat…” WEH baru jumpa kot! Handshake takde, tanye khabar tak nak terus bilang tak boleh buat tentage. She then brought up how this one wedding a few months ago didn’t ask for her approval to build a tentage at the walkway area. That wedding was of course my brother’s HAHAH but I didn’t say anything lah mampos aku kena blacklisted nanti. I confirmed with my dad and he said he didn’t know we have to inform of the tentage. But nvm, different story.
She yak and yak how it’s not okay because it blocks people’s way, especially when it rains and they have nowhere else to walk. I don’t know if you guys can visualise but imagine a long tentage that can hold 5-6 round tables minimum I think? She told me, “but if you really want a tentage here can lah maybe just put one table so people can still walk?” Ah ye, aku bayar almost a thousand to have it kau nak aku taruk satu table je lah? Sure okay boleh why not pasal important sangat kan nak kasi orang jalan macam takde tempat lain gitu. Pfft.
I get it lah. You’re just doing your job so I guess I can understand. But her aura.. my goodness. She looks much younger than me, maybe in early 20s, and she seems really proud that she has this power to forfeit the void deck rental deposit because people don’t want to comply to the rules. I know ni dah macam buruk sangka but I’m not making this up 😦 She literally said she’s totally okay to forfeit any deposit if I don’t ask for her permission. Aku punya MP baey yam keng pon tak cakap macam gini seh.
I can do the booking 6 months before so it’ll be 14 April, which happens to be a PH on a Friday. I casually asked her if this means I can only book on the following week on Monday and she said, “HAHA you no need so chun chun book 6 months before lah!” AKU PUNYA PASAL AH HOW SIANG AKU NAK BOOK!!!!!! Wah damn pek chek talk to her really.
I read somewhere how this bride couldn’t stand seeing all the old bicycles at her void deck so she decided to ask her town council about it and after a while with their help, she managed to get most of them cleared off the area. Ntah asal I decided to ask her the same thing when I know I will get an unbothered reply. She mentioned there’s a notice every few months for residents to clear their unused bikes or smth (I’ve never seen such notice and the old bikes have been there for years I think). This part I got lazy and I told her I’d better make a move first.
Ikutkan hati nak cakap je pasal cina mati yang sampai satu minggu……….. itu lagi tak boleh jalan but yelah, aku diam je. Siapalah aku.
Ni kalau orang mengandung lagi 9 bulan dah beranak seh. And today is also our 45th month together gether. I haven’t done any wedding preparations since the last appointment we had with the caterer last October. All the confirmed vendors aside, I think I’m left with these to think about…
- Marriage Preparatory Course
- Very inclined towards the Apkim’s 1 day course because there’s the one on one session. Hoping to go before the fasting month starts in May. Maybe the earlier the better and we can treat this as a pre-marriage counselling because we have been arguing quite a fair bit while having wedding talks hahahaha 😦
- Book by: February, to go in April
- Asal lah inai mahal gila sampai $200!! Tapi dah tahu mahal tetap nak jugak. I am waiting for one to open her October slots and I’m gonna book it right away before I gatal see see another IG page…….. LOL totally just emailed two other vendors in between these sentences while browsing through instagram wth. My only criteria is that the inai cannot be so dark it’s almost black like what I see most of the time. Not nice okay macam hotdog terbakar.
- Book by: The moment she opens her slot.. hopefully in March?
- Bawah block sudah lah. So many people asked how come I don’t want to do at the CC across my house. Leceh lah okay buat kat CC nak kena layan karenah mak bapak aku yang suka rewang sampai 12-1am. This needs to be booked in April, six months prior. I have no backup plans so if the void deck is not available or if there happens to be some construction works then gg k I’ll redha with anything. Meeting with an HDB officer next week to discuss what’s allowed and what’s not. Don’t know if this is necessary but saje je pasal aku suka buang masa.
- Book by: 14 April 2017
- Tok Kadi/ROMM registration
- Ghibli will settle this because his mom is close to one of the naib kadis. Really no preference at all. Though it’d be nice to get someone old and someone whose khutbah boleh menusuk ke jiwa sampai bila bila. Honestly I’m confused by this process. Need to read up on this more before the time comes so tak lah gabra sangat.
- Book by: 18 May 2017
- Wedding Bands
- Okay this one I very excited! Sometimes when I’m shopping alone I’d pop in to look at the diamond ringssss hehehe. And still haven’t found anything that I like. Must stack well with my engagement ring but don’t want it to be too high lah, must have side diamonds lah. I recently discovered how wallet friendly (loljk, there’s no such thing as “wallet friendly” when it comes to diamond rings) cluster diamond rings are, as compared to a solitaire diamond. So this is something I might consider. My wedding ring will also be my mas kahwin most likely.
- Settle by: July (during GSS period)
- Dulang gifts
- We’ve decided to exchange 5 dulangs each. My aunt and his sister will help us with the dulangs so no need to find a vendor for this yay! We have yet to finalise on the items but I guess this can wait? I have been controlling myself from buying anything at Sephora or any new makeup because I am gonna go all out for my dulang k.
- Settle by: July (during GSS period)
- Wedding Shoes
- The only shoes that I like he doesn’t allow me to get because the heels look like… anal beads HAHA perangai kurang ajar betul. I don’t fancy the silver glittery kinda heels. Love the idea of clashing colors so most likely will be settling for Melissa since I can’t afford a Manolos haha. But this depends on the outfits I will be wearing so after July can settle lah hor. Kasut tak important sangat.
- Edit: Banyak punya tak important sangat. This entry was drafted last week but today I found the shoes he made fun of on carousell at 70% of the original price. Brand new, my size, the preferred color, can do meetup in the east. So I get lor! Waiting for the seller to reply so I can make payment and close the deal!
- Settle by:
July (during GSS period) SETTLED!
- Bridal Bouquet
- Getting fresh flowers for a two day event doesn’t make sense.. right? I don’t know how to take care of them so they will confirm wilt by the time I sanding on my side. Not sure where I can get fresh looking artificial flowers. Not too keen on those ribbon bouquets either. I don’t know what to do 😦
- Edit: Found quite a number of carousellers who can customise artifical flowers for bridal bouquets. One even does rental of her flowers at $10-$20 per day I think.
- Settle by: August (after selection of outfits)
- Wedding Car
- Not important. Again, Ghibli will settle this because we’re using his brother in law’s car and he will also take care of the decorations etc. We’re just using the car to transport us from my place after the nikah to his reception so no need for anything fancy.
- Settle by: September?
- He is not comfortable with the whole kompang/silat thing and my parents said there isn’t a need for this since we’re not going over to his side. But I want 😦 I cannot imagine how it’ll be for him to march in without any kompang at the back. Not awkward ke? Then after he sits with me at the dais what happens next?? I feel like this is something he might eventually have to give in..
- Book by: =(
Actually quite a lot of things to settle I realise. But nothing that I can settle right now, in this month. Everything also wanna buy during GSS. Everything also think can only settle after selection of outfits in July. Left with appointments with vendors so need to know what kinda feel I want for my wedding video, any particular theme for the decor, come up with designs for our nikah outfits from RN, decide on the customised backdrop and props for photobooth. And also to finalise on the itinerary and timings for everything!! Oh yah, the bridal room which my mom has been obsessing with. And the kids berkat pasal aku suka sangat buang duit. And to have or not to have bridesmaids?
I suddenly feel overwhelmed and at the same time also feel like I can pull a “lepas raya ah nanti boleh settle” excuse for everything now haha
It’s December soon.. which means we have about 10 months to go.. which is very fast.. and slow at the same time.. but we’re still adamant about starting it proper next year. Whatever proper is heh.
I’ve always had this idea of having the nikah and bertandang on the same day because it’s so easy and orang cakap biar abiskan penat satu hari. This was blatantly rejected by my parents because they think it’d be too hectic? And “oh, kakak dengan abang nikah hari sabtu so yours will be the same lah” -.- The only thing my parents and I have agreed on is a big nope to a combined reception. It saves money but.. when you’re boyan and your mom would like to believe she knows every boyan in singapore.. it’s not feasible at all. Imagine 1000pax wedding, and your invites is 750 while the groom’s side is 250.. mana aci lol. Combined lah sangat.
So I was playing the nikah on saturday and sanding on sunday itinerary in my head for so many weeks until Ghibli’s mom mentioned all the caterers she liked are fully booked or they don’t do weddings for 500 pax. Less than a year seh, mane nak carik slot lagi. And now aku dah malas nak type panjang panjang so this will all be in bullet point:
- Both side suddenly agreed to have his reception after the nikah on Saturday while mine will be the whole day on Sunday
- Because it won’t be held at his SIL’s void deck anymore (which is 10mins away from my place and something I was extremely happy about cos it saves a lot of time on travelling back and forth) but at a restaurant in Orchard Road….. punya jauh
- Which means the nikah in the early afternoon has to be pushed forward to in the morning at 10am-ish as his reception is from 12pm-4pm
- Ghibli and I are okay with wearing the nikah outfit the entire day but my family were all like “ehhh ape ni pengantin busuk busuk sama baju satu hari berlengas nanti badan” and insisted we get our own baju nikah and have a change of outfit
- Which I absolutely hate because I never had that creativity of designing my own outfit and I don’t know what kind of kain is appropriate enough for a nikah
- At that point in time Raf.fiey Na.sir had their $550 promo and my father was sold when I told him about it and he got it for me (YAY!) but communicating with the person behind it is sooooo annoying somehow I’m not looking forward having to deal with this vendor
- But wearing two songkets from Naw.warah is making me secretly excited hehe
- My biggest worry now is the extra $$$ we have to fork out because there’s no way the whole two day event will be under 10hours for mak andam, kakak amek gambar and abang amek video 😦
- The itinerary is also a headache because wouldn’t my Sunday reception technically be a combined wedding sans his guests? There won’t be kompang and would it be easier if he got ready at my place but this means there won’t be the whole bertandang pengantin perempuan duduk kat pelamin kena tutup dengan kipas is it? Vat is diz……
I am looking forward to next year. I am definitely looking forward to meet Ramadan again inshallah. I also managed to khatam the Quran again two weeks ago alhamdulillah and would love to do it once more before October next year. And lose some weight without having to give up spicy nuggets 😦 Research on a good and beneficial marriage prep course that won’t make Ghibli play twister with eight other men infront of the whole class hahaha..
Actually the more I see it, the more starting proper means changing myself as opposed to planning for the wedding.