I nak ceciter sikit. I mentioned the other day I was supposed to meet this HDB officer sometime this week and I did. And I cannot stand her ya Allah 😦 Jumpa bawah block je terus, “okay so if you wanna make a tentage here I’d rather you not cos lat…” WEH baru jumpa kot! Handshake takde, tanye khabar tak nak terus bilang tak boleh buat tentage. She then brought up how this one wedding a few months ago didn’t ask for her approval to build a tentage at the walkway area. That wedding was of course my brother’s HAHAH but I didn’t say anything lah mampos aku kena blacklisted nanti. I confirmed with my dad and he said he didn’t know we have to inform of the tentage. But nvm, different story.
She yak and yak how it’s not okay because it blocks people’s way, especially when it rains and they have nowhere else to walk. I don’t know if you guys can visualise but imagine a long tentage that can hold 5-6 round tables minimum I think? She told me, “but if you really want a tentage here can lah maybe just put one table so people can still walk?” Ah ye, aku bayar almost a thousand to have it kau nak aku taruk satu table je lah? Sure okay boleh why not pasal important sangat kan nak kasi orang jalan macam takde tempat lain gitu. Pfft.
I get it lah. You’re just doing your job so I guess I can understand. But her aura.. my goodness. She looks much younger than me, maybe in early 20s, and she seems really proud that she has this power to forfeit the void deck rental deposit because people don’t want to comply to the rules. I know ni dah macam buruk sangka but I’m not making this up 😦 She literally said she’s totally okay to forfeit any deposit if I don’t ask for her permission. Aku punya MP baey yam keng pon tak cakap macam gini seh.
I can do the booking 6 months before so it’ll be 14 April, which happens to be a PH on a Friday. I casually asked her if this means I can only book on the following week on Monday and she said, “HAHA you no need so chun chun book 6 months before lah!” AKU PUNYA PASAL AH HOW SIANG AKU NAK BOOK!!!!!! Wah damn pek chek talk to her really.
I read somewhere how this bride couldn’t stand seeing all the old bicycles at her void deck so she decided to ask her town council about it and after a while with their help, she managed to get most of them cleared off the area. Ntah asal I decided to ask her the same thing when I know I will get an unbothered reply. She mentioned there’s a notice every few months for residents to clear their unused bikes or smth (I’ve never seen such notice and the old bikes have been there for years I think). This part I got lazy and I told her I’d better make a move first.
Ikutkan hati nak cakap je pasal cina mati yang sampai satu minggu……….. itu lagi tak boleh jalan but yelah, aku diam je. Siapalah aku.
Whenever people ask where I’d like to go for my honeymoon my answer is always the same – somewhere that has a nice villa equipped with a private pool. I’m not much of an activity person (not so fun fact: I have a fear of the ocean and sky but I’d want to try parasailing.. confused, confused child, indeed) so I guess I’ll be okay if the itinerary doesn’t involve any of this kot? I just want to relax right after the wedding and nua in the villa all day long. As quoted by my future sister in law, “but honestly.. honeymoon.. if you go to a place that has a lot of scenery or activity, you may not take it up cos you’ll be occupied with your own activities..” Wallahu’alam eh, I’ll just pretend I don’t know what she means by that haha. Honestly, I get really uncomfortable whenever people equate honeymoon with lots of sex (banyak punya pretend tak tahu). I mean.. yeah.. that’s probably what’s gonna happen lol.. but tak payah lah say it to my face liddat…
So I have been spending the past two days reading up on Lombok, particularly Gili Meno. Which is an island recommended if “you’re travelling with a loved one and are a seeking stunning beach escape to set a romantic mood”. It was never in my list but it has always been in Ghibli’s for god knows what reason. We’ve argued quite a number of times while discussing honeymoon destinations and suddenly one day I dah pasrah and ikutkan aje kehendak dia. (Quite a sad fact: I have never travelled alone or with my friends. Obviously never with him pasal ada batasan hahaha). Gili Meno is a pain to get to and after hours of researching, I feel it’s best we make use of the villa pick up service which will cost a million rupiah per way. Boleh kot kalau nak sampai the airport and go je but we’d rather pay a little bit and have a peace of mind knowing that everything’s under control.
This place looks nice! Not many places in Meno have private pools I think. But then again, everything looks nice when they’re on the official website right haha. Then when you reach.. hampeh… but kk inshallah tak. I’m not sure if I’m excited about the place or just the prospect of seeing this part of the world with him hehe. We’re leaving on my busy period, right smack in the middle of uni students having their exams. But do I care? Of course not 🙂
Now 9 months is such a looooongg looooongg wait..
Ni kalau orang mengandung lagi 9 bulan dah beranak seh. And today is also our 45th month together gether. I haven’t done any wedding preparations since the last appointment we had with the caterer last October. All the confirmed vendors aside, I think I’m left with these to think about…
- Marriage Preparatory Course
- Very inclined towards the Apkim’s 1 day course because there’s the one on one session. Hoping to go before the fasting month starts in May. Maybe the earlier the better and we can treat this as a pre-marriage counselling because we have been arguing quite a fair bit while having wedding talks hahahaha 😦
- Book by: February, to go in April
- Asal lah inai mahal gila sampai $200!! Tapi dah tahu mahal tetap nak jugak. I am waiting for one to open her October slots and I’m gonna book it right away before I gatal see see another IG page…….. LOL totally just emailed two other vendors in between these sentences while browsing through instagram wth. My only criteria is that the inai cannot be so dark it’s almost black like what I see most of the time. Not nice okay macam hotdog terbakar.
- Book by: The moment she opens her slot.. hopefully in March?
- Bawah block sudah lah. So many people asked how come I don’t want to do at the CC across my house. Leceh lah okay buat kat CC nak kena layan karenah mak bapak aku yang suka rewang sampai 12-1am. This needs to be booked in April, six months prior. I have no backup plans so if the void deck is not available or if there happens to be some construction works then gg k I’ll redha with anything. Meeting with an HDB officer next week to discuss what’s allowed and what’s not. Don’t know if this is necessary but saje je pasal aku suka buang masa.
- Book by: 14 April 2017
- Tok Kadi/ROMM registration
- Ghibli will settle this because his mom is close to one of the naib kadis. Really no preference at all. Though it’d be nice to get someone old and someone whose khutbah boleh menusuk ke jiwa sampai bila bila. Honestly I’m confused by this process. Need to read up on this more before the time comes so tak lah gabra sangat.
- Book by: 18 May 2017
- Wedding Bands
- Okay this one I very excited! Sometimes when I’m shopping alone I’d pop in to look at the diamond ringssss hehehe. And still haven’t found anything that I like. Must stack well with my engagement ring but don’t want it to be too high lah, must have side diamonds lah. I recently discovered how wallet friendly (loljk, there’s no such thing as “wallet friendly” when it comes to diamond rings) cluster diamond rings are, as compared to a solitaire diamond. So this is something I might consider. My wedding ring will also be my mas kahwin most likely.
- Settle by: July (during GSS period)
- Dulang gifts
- We’ve decided to exchange 5 dulangs each. My aunt and his sister will help us with the dulangs so no need to find a vendor for this yay! We have yet to finalise on the items but I guess this can wait? I have been controlling myself from buying anything at Sephora or any new makeup because I am gonna go all out for my dulang k.
- Settle by: July (during GSS period)
- Wedding Shoes
- The only shoes that I like he doesn’t allow me to get because the heels look like… anal beads HAHA perangai kurang ajar betul. I don’t fancy the silver glittery kinda heels. Love the idea of clashing colors so most likely will be settling for Melissa since I can’t afford a Manolos haha. But this depends on the outfits I will be wearing so after July can settle lah hor. Kasut tak important sangat.
- Edit: Banyak punya tak important sangat. This entry was drafted last week but today I found the shoes he made fun of on carousell at 70% of the original price. Brand new, my size, the preferred color, can do meetup in the east. So I get lor! Waiting for the seller to reply so I can make payment and close the deal!
- Settle by:
July (during GSS period) SETTLED!
- Bridal Bouquet
- Getting fresh flowers for a two day event doesn’t make sense.. right? I don’t know how to take care of them so they will confirm wilt by the time I sanding on my side. Not sure where I can get fresh looking artificial flowers. Not too keen on those ribbon bouquets either. I don’t know what to do 😦
- Edit: Found quite a number of carousellers who can customise artifical flowers for bridal bouquets. One even does rental of her flowers at $10-$20 per day I think.
- Settle by: August (after selection of outfits)
- Wedding Car
- Not important. Again, Ghibli will settle this because we’re using his brother in law’s car and he will also take care of the decorations etc. We’re just using the car to transport us from my place after the nikah to his reception so no need for anything fancy.
- Settle by: September?
- He is not comfortable with the whole kompang/silat thing and my parents said there isn’t a need for this since we’re not going over to his side. But I want 😦 I cannot imagine how it’ll be for him to march in without any kompang at the back. Not awkward ke? Then after he sits with me at the dais what happens next?? I feel like this is something he might eventually have to give in..
- Book by: =(
Actually quite a lot of things to settle I realise. But nothing that I can settle right now, in this month. Everything also wanna buy during GSS. Everything also think can only settle after selection of outfits in July. Left with appointments with vendors so need to know what kinda feel I want for my wedding video, any particular theme for the decor, come up with designs for our nikah outfits from RN, decide on the customised backdrop and props for photobooth. And also to finalise on the itinerary and timings for everything!! Oh yah, the bridal room which my mom has been obsessing with. And the kids berkat pasal aku suka sangat buang duit. And to have or not to have bridesmaids?
I suddenly feel overwhelmed and at the same time also feel like I can pull a “lepas raya ah nanti boleh settle” excuse for everything now haha